Thursday, April 7, 2011

RE: Operation Raccoon City, Slant Six Games impresses Capcom

The producer of the game, Masachika Kawata, was impressed by the professionalism of the Canadian team Masachika Kawata, producer of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City said the microphones of Official Xbox Magazine have gladly accepted the challenge of working with a Canadian team, adding the guys from Slant Six Games have radically changed his opinion about Western developers in general.

"Resident Evil is a very important series for Capcom, we have had many people working on this franchise," he said. "However, awarding a new episode of Resident Evil to an external team carries the risk of losing some of its basic elements." "So the first thing we did was to clarify these concepts to children of Slant Six Games.

And I must say that I am happy with the results." Kawata added: "I've never worked with another Western team, so I do not know if they behave the same way, but I must say that the developers of Slant Six Games working really hard." "In practice I have not found any difference from the Japanese developers I've worked with before.

Apart from the time zone and language, I had no problem working with them." "To be honest, I had preconceptions about the West, people thought they were lazy and listless. So I was blown away when these guys turned out in advance, on Sunday, to make us a whole series of recommendations.

They wanted to get to work, not idle. They have completely changed my view of Western development. "Kawata, finally, said he was particularly pleased with the work done by Slant Six Games regard characters of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Source: Official Xbox Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment