Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cage: "No more space marine"

During an interview with The Guardian (viaVG247), David Cage said that developers should set aside space for the Marines begin to tell stories more personal. "In the U.S., many developers are thinking the same thing: 'I'm 40 years old and are tired of developing shooter. It was fun when I was 20 but now I want to do something new.

I do not look quite the same film, do not listen to the same music, but I still do the same games! '. Developers are tired of this situation, they want to talk about politics, family, whatever. And why not in games? ". "Heavy Rain is the game for some time dreaming. I worked hard on the story, was the first based on my personal experiences.

There was talk of space marine who killed the aliens, we talked about my relationship with my first child and how that event changed my life. To love someone without expecting anything in return for me it was completely new. " "More people should try to work this way. You do not have to talk about a recruit in World War II, you do not know what it would feel in that situation.

Talk about yourself, your life, your emotions, the people who cricondano . These are the things that will grow the industry. I'm tired of marine space. "

No comments:

Post a Comment