Wednesday, January 5, 2011

News: EA and skeptical Move Kinect

The boss of Electronic Arts has established a likely future where the motion control permanently replace the traditional controller, as reported by IndustryGamers. "Many have asked me if in future games based on motion control will replace the traditional controller," said Riccitiello. "I do not think so.

For some kinds Move, Kinect and other future devices will be the ideal solution. Hard to imagine for example to play a title of fitness with your thumbs." "At the same time I can not imagine myself playing a Call of Duty, a Medal of Honor or Battlefield using my finger as if it were the barrel of a gun.

I tried motion control games on the road and not me liked. " More likely, according to Riccitiello, a future in which the motion control is used in combination with more traditional methods of interaction, for example for navigation in menus. The year 2011 will be the key to understanding the potential of two devices from Sony and Microsoft platforms, completely different from the Wii's motion control where fashion is born.

It will also be interesting to see any counter-Nintendo, suggests the CEO of EA.

No comments:

Post a Comment