Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jaffe: "Too much idle time on console"

As reported by GamesIndustry. biz, during the Game Developers Conference, the creator of God of War, David Jaffe, complained of the preliminaries that take the players away from the gameplay on the console itself. "Some of those who develop for consoles as we are doing away consumers," said the developer of Twisted Metal.

"By the power of the console and the game itself goes too long and this problem bothers the players." "Movies intermission, installations, updates, uploads. Sometimes I want to play any console game but gave up because I do not want to put up the rest. Maybe I'm lazy but if you look around you see that is full of things that are competing for time free for consumers.

" "I'd be able to directly load the last save of the game I'm listing on the console, bypassing all: logo hardware, dashboards, XMB, logos of the games. And why can not I have a sleep mode on a console like on Mac on all devices from the game? So doing what I should do would be to press a button and within seconds I'd be playing.

" "The hardware manufacturers should allow one to four updates per year for software, not more. And no update should arrive in the first two months of availability of games."

No comments:

Post a Comment