Friday, March 25, 2011

EA: a future for the old IP

During an interview with CVG EA has mentioned the possibility in the future to see new games based on old IP which Powermonger and Road Rash. "I worked on Desert Strike and Road Rash for the Sega Genesis days so believe me I know the history of IP," said Frank Gibeau, EA Games boss. "When we analyze a new challenge and prepare to invest money, we always choose between a new and an old IP to bring back to life.

Czechia always grow titles such as Burnout, Need for Speed, Road Rash. The same we do with the old IP Bullfrog's Dungeon Keeper which, Populous, Powermonger, Magic Carpet, and I could go on. "If revived an old game, though, we do it well. The production values and the mechanics are different from those we see in these old IP but believe me, this material is part of the assets of the company and franchise return in the future you will see these characters with different timing.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment