Friday, April 8, 2011

Ken Levine: "Sex in ridiculous games"

During an interview with VG247, the boss of Irrational Games, Ken Levine, has admitted that the sex scenes in games are usually ridiculous. "I do not think this is a problem with the interaction. Rather, I believe that people do not understand sex," says the designer of BioShock. "Consider for example the presence of the nude in video games, it is not even bare to individuals, but a puppet with no clothes.

And then there are other problems. At the moment in video games is pretty silly, because I repeat, this is to remove the clothes puppets. " "The fact that there are disputes that clearly shows that the industry is perceived as a factory of games, and creations for a variety of users, including some adults.

I think there's also a lot of Puritanism." "There's Puritanism in the industry. In an interview I was asked why the use of strong language in my games. I said that is one of the privileges of adults." The next game will be BioShock Infinite Levine, BioShock's spiritual heir expected on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment